Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Natural therapists, good and bad.

I must admit I feel pretty ripped off having to go through IVF/ICSI to try and get pregnant. I have done yoga for 23 years , and have kept reasonably fit and healthy (uni days and drinks with the girls aside). I have always gone to alternative health professionals, but now find myself less likely to put up with their space cadet crap.
Reflexologist: My husband JC gave me a voucher for Xmas as I love having my feet massaged, pampered etc. When she asked me about recent medication and operations I said IVF (reluctantly ,but always a faint hope something else might help with implantation). She then preceeded to ask me annoying questions the entire hour. Do you know how to relax? I think it's your lower back. You know these foods ....... are good for endo. This is even after I blurted out that it was male factor. She then made me choose a spiritual card or something at the end and said it was commitment and read out all these things about how I should stick to one thing and see it through. Excuse me am I missing something here? Nearly 2 years of trying to conceive, two stim cycles, nasty case of OHSS, Two transfers and a BFN. ( Currently on 2 week wait after FET yesterday,3rd transfer.)
There has been a few others along the way,like the accupunturist telling me IVF was invasive and not needed. Apparently the herbs that smelt like dog shit tea would do the trick.
The Good: My naturapath Who knows all about IVF, the medications, procedures etc. Who supports and doesn't judge. Who just got pregnant after 2 and a half years of unexplained infertility.
Even though I'm a lot more cynical these days I can see how easy it is to be sucked in as the cycles pass and I bacome more of a basket case. I'll clutch at any straws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home