Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, January 21, 2005

The Two Week Wait

Have you ever noticed how during your 2 week wait everyone around you gets pregnant. In my first two week wait my sister announced she was pregnant almost at the same time I found out I wasn't. I didn't want to tell her and ruin her news.
Then I had two embryos transferred in Dec after a successful egg collection. All of a sudden I was bombarded with pregnancy announcements during my 2 week wait, my cousin's wife, a close friend (who was too scared to tell me and rang just as I was getting my period), my sister in-law, my naturopath. Even a news reader on one of those morning shows announced she was up the duff just as I turned on the TV. Opened up my e-mail an ex student had sent 20 photos of her baby. My husband comes home from our Osteopath, she's pregnant and also too scared to tell me.
One morning I was walking my dogs, I stopped to let some young girls pat them. One asked if my little dog was pregnant. That would be right I thought is this some kind of conspiracy against me and what will the Airedale beagle x caviler puppies look like?
I feel pleased for these people but it just kind of makes it cut deeper that I'm not pregnant. I can't help but feel like a dud. Thank God my husband is so positive about it all.
This two week wait I'm keeping my head low, luckily I'm still on holidays. Each -ve has fallen on holidays and I have been able to have my mini nervy B's at home. It's weird people feel scared to tell me as I've always been a pretty meek and mild person. Although these days I see a change I feel angry and can actually see myself becoming much more cynical and pissed off. Not to mention my withdrawal from the world in general.
(Also noticed that during two week waits there are always massive social events on like a close friend's wedding and you can't drink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home