Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, January 21, 2005

The Dr Dilema

This happened at the start of my IVF stuff and although it sorted it self out it still is a bit weird.
When I told my mum who my Dr was she said she knew him as he has been in our family business/shop many times. I thought that's not right, what if I'm working ( I work there part time at weekends) and he comes in? The reactions from my close girlfriends (The Hens) were mixed. But mostly consisted of laughing.
I decided not to mention anything to my Dr, then one Saturday I finished up at work for the day and left the shop. Apparently 5 minutes later he entered the shop. My Dr worshipping dad who didn't know the plan to keep things quiet immediately told him. I was so embarrassed and agonised over how was I going to cope with my next appointment. It just doesn't seem right to have your fanny looked at by someone who knows your family and you could see out in the street in real life. I made my husband come to the next scan and got over my initial misgivings. In fact I think I may get slightly favoured after all he has been coming into the family business since 1978.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home