Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

About the same

At least they didn't tell me to sit down like last time, before going through the fertilization report. It's not that flash. Out of the 20 follicles they amended the number of eggs to 18. They fertilized 10 and 8 were going ok. Out of that we transferred a grade 2 and grade 3 today and we might have 2 to freeze. I'm not optimistic about how they will go if we have to thaw them. My Dr didn't do the transfer as it was the weekend and they roster around. So I asked this Dr if it was my egg quality, he said it was hard to be sure, but possibly. Apparently some of the embryos had two nuclei(???or something like that), my Year 12 biology is failing me at the moment. I think the news was slightly easier to bear as J was with me this time, last time he had a leave pass for a Xmas party.

So I'm hoping against hope, feeling a bit emotional as added to this it's the exact day I miscarried last year. I was certain at first that I would get pregnant again pretty quickly. Also I think it's just my age. I'm still getting the egg numbers but not the quality we used to get. Not that that seemed to make much difference anyway.

I leave work next Friday and won't be back until July 3rd. Funny thing is I always intended to leave work on maternity leave, save my long service and have it paid out when I eventually left teaching. I'm actually more of a money person than a holiday person. On Friday they will probably have a morning tea to say goodbye and one of the nice new teachers will be farewelled also, on maternity leave. It's funny that mine will be for the opposite reason. The miscarriage and "millions" of failed IVF cycles have forced my hand. I felt like I would lose it last year and this year it had been replaced by a coping, but sadness in the background. I'm actually a bit nervous about not working as I usually work 6 days a week and it seems to take my mind off things.

Any way that's all to report at the moment. The nurses asked me to get my blood test done locally in two weeks time as it will be difficult to get to the clinic during the Commonwealth Games. I feel sorry for anyone having to go in for scans, pick-ups or transfers during that time. The whole area will be blocked off during the marathon not to mention all the traffic and clogged public transport. I'll blog as soon as I know how this has turned out.

11 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

So sorry about the fertilisation, but at least you've been able to get a couple transferred and a couple frozen.
I've had the pics shown to me of the two neuclei thing, it's what happens when they haven't fertilised normally. I'm not really sure what causes it - or if it's 'one of those things'.
Hang in there, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Sorry the results were disappointing. The two we transferred were grade B and grade C, so you never know. Hoping for you...

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Hang in there, Meg. There is nothing else you can do now but wait. I am hoping your trip will give you a great boost this year. You deserve it. Take care.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Two transferred and two frozen is a decent result in my book. Things are out of your hands now so take care of yourself. I'll be checking in on you.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger LL said...

everything is crossed for you... good luck...

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two transferred sounds good, I'll keep everything crossed for you. I hope that the long leave is a wonderful, relaxing time for you. It may be worth more than money.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Enjoy your time off. You deserve it! Best of luck/wishes/prayers etc. for the tranfers.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Good luck, I'm hoping for you.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger heleen + rod said...

Today or tomorrow you'll hear the result. Still keeping my fingers cross!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Drew said...

My thoughts will be with you and I am crossing everything for you Mate.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Betty said...

I hope it all works out for you. All this waiting really sux.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home