Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

No Transfer for you!

I just got home from work and my Dr called to say that our last embryo didn't make it. I had called the nurse from work to find out our transfer time, but she said that they didn't know it and would call me back. As I was at work and would then be driving home I asked her to call J at home. Alarm bells were ringing, usually they tell me the time and that's it. My Dr called J and then the nurse called to tell him the bad news. J was waiting for me when I got home, so I guessed before he said anything. My Dr insisted to J that he would call me and he did. He said how sorry he was and that he would go over my chart and call me next week. I'm a little teary, but J's amazed at how well I'm taking it. I just feel so sad. I picked my sister up to go to work today and my nephews were so cute. Every time I see them I think I want a M or G.

Good news is we have organsied our trip for March when we take long service leave. So far we are going to Adelaide and the Clare Valley ( to stock up on wine). The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin. Kakadu at Darwin. Then Broome to the Cable Beach Resort. I'm pretty excited as I have some research to do. For instance how many G andT's will I be able to drink on the train before I can't see the pages of the book I'm reading? How many Margaritas can I put away at the resort? As excited as I am, I still wish I was pregnant during this trip.

18 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger heleen + rod said...

That's so sad, MC. Although there are seasons that bad news is even harder to take. Your holiday sounds lovely, I hope you will be able to enjoy it to the max.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

I'm sad to hear about the embryo not making it. It sounds like your doctor is very positive about your chances with another cycle. It's horrible and painful not to have this work, I know how that feels.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Meg, your trip looks amazing, particularly Broome and Cable Beach.

I know I would give up any fancy holidays in a heartbeat for the alternative. Enjoy yourself planning it, anyway, specially the G&T and the margarita parts. You and J deserve a break.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Oh, Meg. I'm just devastated to hear that your transfer was cancelled.

I'm so glad that you have the fabulous trip to look forward to and I hope that it helps you come back refreshed and ready to go forward with the next round of this terrible bloody battle.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh I'm so sorry that your embryo didn't make it. I too wish you would have been pregnant on this wonderful holiday. Not drinking doesn't seem like much in that instance, does it?

Hoping that the conversation with the doctor is encouraging.

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no, I'm so sorry the transfer was cancelled. It is sad news. Glad your doctor is being so encouraging and considerate.

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I'm sorry too MC. Your doctor sounds really good. The holiday sounds like it will be a dream one. I've always wanted to travel on the Ghan.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Portlairge said...

I'm so sorry about your embryo. Have a wonderful holiday. You deserve it.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh no, I am so sorry. A loss is a loss in this process, no matter where it occurs in the process. Take care of yourself.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Bugger bugger bugger poop. You are one almighty strong girlie but why does life have to be so unfair.
I'm glad you have your holiday to look forward to and to busy your mind with research. I know it doesn't help deep down but at least it helps a little bit.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger LL said...

I am so sorry about this news.
LL

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMMIT! I'm so sorry... truly.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger April said...

Oh Meg, I am so incredibly sorry.

The trip sounds positively lovely.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

I'm really sorry.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. What a terrible bit of news to get. This infertility just sucks way to much. Hope you are taking care of yourself.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Oh, no. I am so, so sorry.

I hope that March and your leave come swiftly, and that the pain of this passes even more swiftly.

Thinking of you.

--Bugs

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home