Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice. Sorry I haven't been able to thank everyone personally, but we only broke up on Wednesday and I had last minute shopping to do. We also had my family over for Christmas Eve and then we went to J's family today. I cooked a Christmas pudding and Nigella's chocolate and gingerbread cake. We also did a BBQ and other stuff for my family do.

I'm going to ask for some blood tests, I think they have ones for immune issues or infections. I'm still not sure but will ask my doctor. Lining doesn't seem to be an issue, I've been suspicious in the past and asked him. He always says it's fine and he wouldn't let me go on with transfer if it wasn't. I also don't have any hormones during my FETs not even progesterone gel. It probably comes down to age in the end.


Today I came out of the IVF closet to J's cousin G. I told her she can tell others in the family if she wants. It's good to be out, even though I won't be broadcasting what's going on. When mum told my close cousins I was doing IVF I was quite mad at her, but she said it was nothing to be ashamed of. I thought about that and realised that in some ways I am. It's this little niggling thought, that I'm a failure, that I'll probably never succeed at what my body is suppose to do relatively easily.


I was a bit teary today, but on the whole I've been coping well. I'm walking the dogs every morning early before it gets too hot. I'm also doing my yoga every day. I've decided to do yoga even through the FET if we have it this month. Speaking of which on Friday I went for my blood test and asked the nurse if I could do the FET this month. She said ok if I ovulate at the right time, I think the clinic is closed for a few weeks. Last year the clinic had only reopened a day or two when we did a FET and that's when I got pregnant. It just seems so depressing that it is almost a year ago. She was supposed to ring me back that day. I was boiling my pudding all day and doing housework and realised it was 5.00pm, the clinic had well closed and no phone call. Now I don't know what's going on. I didn't call my Dr even though he told me to as soon as I knew the result. I thought he would find out soon enough from the nurses. I have to try and ring between Christmas and New Year and I'm not even sure they are open then. On top of all that I'm working in the family business from Wednesday onwards as my brother is lifeguarding these holidays at the surf beach.

Inappropriate Christmas Present, Can you top this?
On Wednesday we broke up from school and one of the teachers who bats for the same side gave one of the hens a weird present. It was a blow up sex doll with a vibrating cock. The hen was somewhat taken aback as were we all. Physical Education AFL FootyJock and good friend (PEJ) was helping her load things into the car including this.
PEJ: Do you think he used it?
Hen: What? NO. But should it come in plastic or something.
PEJ: I think he used it.
Hen: OMG!! He just walked past. Do you think he heard?
PEJ: Yeah the wind was going that way.

Later:
Hen: explains present to me.
Meg: Faints Jane Austen heroine style wiping brow, "I can feel a law suit coming on. How does early retirement sound?"


3 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I absolutely cannot top that inappropriate present.

Some people are just insane.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Betty said...

I hope you hear from the clinic soon so you know about your FET. How annoying. Love the inappropriate present story!

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry that this last cycle didn't work. And that your clinic is being unhelpful. Hoping that the chocolate gingerbread offers some small solace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home