Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's called a drive by.

We just got back from a family do for J's uncle. G his cousin told me that she is 16 weeks pregnant. She lost her baby last year at 20 weeks and they diagnosed an incompetent cervix. She told me she has just had her stitch put in and how stressed she is. She said she is always anxious and was convinced a few weeks ago that she had lost it. Her ob is really good as he lets her have scans nearly every week so she can reassure herself. She was telling my SIL and I that she can't believe how easily everyone else seems to have babies. She was also telling us that 3 weeks after her loss last year she went back to work and a colleague came into work with her new baby. She burst into G's office and was showing her the baby and going on about it. G said she just sat there and stared barely keeping it together. She was thinking that this woman must have thought she was a bitch. I said I understand how you felt and it's called a drive by.


Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention. Once again no urbany mythy legendy sort of things here. No having a break from IVF, whoops, I fell over and became pregnant. Had a scan yesterday and about to fire off the left ovary. Now hopes pinned on a successful thaw of last two embryos. Will go to a few shows at the comedy festival to try to take my mind off things. Although J refuses to go to "Spaznuts", the comedian has been told he will never have bio kids and has written a comedy show about it. It has had really good reviews and I heard him on the radio. J said he can't possibly think how IF could be funny.

5 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Oh MC - I know what you mean. I believe in the urban myth of falling pregnant naturally (surprise surprise) as much as I believe in the Santa Clause.

Yeah I have no idea where Kath is hey! I think she has changed her blog address - I miss her sense of humour. :(

Take care for now, glad you enjoyed the comedy festival.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Betty said...

It's good that you are back cause I missed you. Glad the holiday went well, it sounded like quite an adventure. I know what you mean about having time to think. Sometimes I can't wait to get back to work so my head is filled with work stuff and not IF.
That bloody urban myth is a crock of shit. I even thought it might happen to me while waiting for my laporascopy. How stupid am I. Sorry it didn't happen for you.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Glad to see you back. And that was one cruel drive by! I would not have taken it so well. Oh, and the urban legends are just that: legends!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I love the comedy festival! The drive-by's somehow have the knack of coming at exactly the wrong time. It is unbelievable.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Glad to see you back and posting Meg! Apart from the rain and the disappointing train journey, it sounds fab. Enjoy the rest of your time off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home