Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Seems we got a lucky break.

Yesterday I rang the clinic to get my transfer time. So far so good as they didn't transfer me to the nurses. I had spent the day at the museum with my younger sister and my nephews. It was packed full of kids and mums. I felt so jealous.

On the top floor of the museum we went to visit Phar Lap, my favourite since I was a kid and one of the reasons I'm in a race horse owning syndicate. Their were a whole lot of bored high school students sitting around. I heard one ask their tired looking teacher an annoying question along the lines of why do we have to be here. I immediately felt sick, it's so nice to do my own thing and not have to put up with "cool" teenagers all the time.

When I got home from the city I expected J to have bad news when I got in, but no phone call. By 5.00pm J said we were safe, I was still freaked and thought they might ring with bad news in the morning. Our last FET in January was cancelled and last year 3 embryos didn't thaw out successfully.

This morning I could hardly speak I was so nervous and my Dr was about 20 minutes late. We got into the transfer room and he said both had successfully thawed and were dividing. J and I both finally drew a breath, we told him we had been waiting for the phone call. I can't figure this IVF stuff out. The 4 embryos were suppose to be better grades than these two yet those ones didn't make it and these ones have. So many unknowns and so much seems to depend on luck.

12 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Great news about the embies. I totally agree about the luck factor. The month I got pregnant, I had an ultrasound and the Gynae basically said "no chance. Lining way too thin and multiple cysts on the ovaries!". Little did I know that the really sore boobs I had was not the recurrance of my microadenoma but a fertilised egg divinding and on its way to my uterus! I am so thrilled that this cycle is off to a great start for you.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

How wonderful! I'm so, so happy that you were able to go ahead with transfer. I've got everything crossed that this lucky streak continues.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I think luck plays as big a part as anything else, because in reality science hasn't figured this whole business out yet. Two is my favorite number!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

It surely seems to depend on luck. Too many unknowns, for now at least.

I hope you do not hate me, but I've tagged you!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

That's great. I hope they continue to divide happily.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Great news, I'm so pleased those embryos made it. Hoping that they continue great growth now they're in the right place.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

This is fantastic. I guess the thing is that maybe there is no logic - it's just a gamble everytime.

Fingers crossed that this is your royal flush!

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, great, great news. Good luck with the wait, I know it will be tough.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Betty said...

That is great news! There is no second guessing this IVF stuff, you just never know what is going to happen next. Lets hope all good things happen with this cycle.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Hoping for you and J, Meg.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super news - what intelligent little emrbyos you have.

Hoping for good enws in two weeks.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

hope everything is going ok, Meg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home