Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Amazing

Don't you think it's amazing when lurking on the two week wait board someone posts that they are 14 odd days past a 2/3/5 day transfer that they are spotting? They ask if this is late implantation bleeding and someone gets on and reassures them that it is and they had it and now have quadruplets or something like that. Because it never is for me, it's always my period.

Beta negative and now shooting Gonal-F at 300ml tonight on a good ol' flare cycle. I must need my head read, but I can't let go. Not until my ovaries totally fail, maybe then I'll get the hint. Also rather scared of failing again, I've even lost count of the number of times I've done this. Perhaps the generous funding of Medicare and the no limits on cycles no matter what your age in Australia has it's downside. While there is even a slight chance and we can use my wage to pay for it we feel we have to keep trying. Luckily my first sewing project has been a brown velvet A-line skirt, just in time to hide my Gonal-F thighs over the next 2 weeks.

Cheers!!!

10 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Keep on keepin' on, MC! And the skirt sounds lovely.

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MC I'm so sorry about the negative beta. Glad you are getting right back up, however.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Donna said...

You keep at it if that's what your head and your heart tell you. Stop counting, the number doesn't matter, only the current cycle. If there is a chance, take it!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger LL said...

I'm sorry about the negative beta. Your persistance to have a child is inspiring and I wish you all the strength you need to get what you want.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Sorry to be a moron in previous post, have always known the when a period is a period ...

While you can still keep on cycling you should so good luck.

Good going with the skirt too!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Yeah, it always seems to be happening to someone else. And I'm glad to see you are already up for another go!!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

You are amazing, my dear Meggie.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm glad that you are up and at'em again. You will know when you are ready to stop, until then you are the best judge of what the right answer is.

That stuff about implantation bleeding on the boards always gets me, too. If it hasn't implanted by 10 days post a 3 day transfer, it ain't gonna. Although now I know that there can be other kinds of bleeding...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Sorry about your news MC. You are a trouper and your stregnth is much admired.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Hi Meg...Meg here (Also from Melb!)...just stumbled into you via Thalia's comments, wishing you luck for the next cycle. I am trying to put together a resource of all the bloggers cycling each month..(attempt at good deed!) would you like to be on for this next month?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home