Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, May 12, 2006

"Are you getting breakfast in .....

....in bed on Sunday?" (x2)
Me: "No my dogs have learnt that trick yet."

Which is what I thought about saying after I left the butchers yesterday. Both butchers asked me. It was CD1, no surprises as I'm a rabid POAS, kind of infertile. Instead I just said no and half laughed it off. The butchers had just assumed that I have children. I got home and rang J, burst into tears and ranted about all the Mother's day stuff in my face even in the supermarket. Can't even pick up a can of lentils without it being suggested as a great gift.

So I'm expecting a phone call this afternoon with a confirmation of a negative Beta and when to pick up my meds. I must be crazy, there goes the hope of a sewing machine and the plumber came today to tell us that the pipes are completely broken and they have to dig them up and replace them. It's a fairly urgent as the toilet keeps getting blocked. I'm sure a new ager would claim that both J and are blocked and that the house is reflecting that or something similar.


I'll end with some good news. I started sewing lessons a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love them. I go twice a week as I'm still on leave. Not only that, but I'm quite good at it. I might even get around to taking up hems, being the short arse that I am.

6 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Hoping you are wrong about your beta ...

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry. What a particularly rubbish time to get that bad news.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Argh - the timing just sucks horribly. I'm so sorry, MC. But sewing, wonderful sewing! I learned for the first time from my husband's Aunt a few months after my miscarriage and it was incredibly therapeutic. And fun! And productive! Forget taking up hems and such, make something pretty and creative. Placemats and napkins and coasters are easy things to start with.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Yes, lentils make a wonderful gift. Asshats.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Thinking of you and J, Meggie.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger LL said...

MC,
good god.. I wish this beta is positive for you... all the very best...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home