Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Six random things.











I'm quite flattered as Ankasia has tagged me to write 6 weird or random things about myself. I haven't done this before, hope it doesn't bore you.


1. I'm addicted to chili, the hotter the better and I put it in everything possible. I have two different plants growing in my vegie patch claiming to be the hottest. My favourite sandwich is grated cheese with chopped up raw chilies (seeds included). My latest discovery is hot chocolate with chili in it. My husband is secretly proud that I can eat food as hot as his Sri Lankan family makes.


2. I love reading crime thrillers, one of my favourites is Karin Slaughter , her main character deals with infertility and solves hideous crimes along the way.


3. I love dogs. My first childhood memories are of asking for a pet dog. My siblings and I then grew up in dog heaven. My aunt started to breed Maltese, we always had the male dogs and she had the females and lots of little white fluffy puppies.

4. I hate the feel of icey pole sticks and wooden spoons. Ican't stand eating an icecream if it's attatched to one.

5. I'm obsessed with wedding dresses. I love looking at them and have a secret fantasy to be a wedding dress designer. I've just starting sewing classes as I can't even take up hems.


6. I used to be a surflife saver and spent a lot of time swimming in the surf and surfing with my siblings and cousins. I developed a really bad shark phobia about 10 years ago and no longer swim much in the ocean and especially not out deep.

5 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I love Karin Slaighter! I get her newsletter email every month and she is damn fine funny.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Emm, that would be Slaughter hahaha!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I think only #4 qualifies as remotely "weird", but I do love finding out more about my blog friends!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Betty said...

I have never heard of anyone else who hates icy pole sticks, I hate them too! I leave a big hunk of icecream on the stick so that neither my teeth, lips or tongue have to touch it. Action man is alsways pleased to have the left overs.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

I have a friend who is addicted to Chilli as well - he'll carry around extra hot tabasco to restaurants just in case food isn't hot enough!

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home