Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

All Quiet on the Western Front

Probably make that the Southern region. Cooter scan this morning and everything is quiet. I Start Gonal-F tonight (225). I have a scan next Thursday, after discussing with my Dr the lack of OHSS, he has decided I don't need a scan every second day. This takes a lot of pressure off, less racing into the city and then out again to get to work.

They have a new system where we pick up our meds at the chemist in the hospital. Nurse Vague told me to put everything in the fridge even the crinoline gel. The Pharmacist told me to put everything in the fridge except the gel. This is the first time I've been told to put the Gonal in the fridge. Also the pharmacist told me to throw the needles in the bin as I didn't get given a sharps container. This sounds a bit wrong so I'll save them in a glass jar and then put them in Dad's (diabetic).

It was a relief to get off the pill as the constant nausea was horrible. The Syneral has been giving me some terrific hot flushes, I could be used to decorate a Christmas tree with my glowing rosacea. I've had a few night sweats and woke up swearing the other night trying to get the ants of me. The ants turned out to be sweat, so I'm glad to be going on the Gonal.

Now I just need to get my reports out of the way so I can recover from ER watching DVD's.

It's pretty much back to normal transmission after the wobbly I threw last week. I'm also going back for some hypnotherapy after work this afternoon and will listen to my Anji CD's. Basically all the usual relaxing stuff I do. It's funny when someone tells me to relax I suddenly feel stressed.

Some good news that I forgot about last week. I love entering competitions and last week I won a Creative Zen MP3 player. J has been very insistent about getting my country music onto it. He must be sick of all "the chickens are a laying......" which he believes are the words to every song.

10 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger LL said...

It's good when a cycle get underway.. at least you feel like you're moving towards something. Here's to a successful EPU & TX and a BFP for Christmas.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Yeah, that's great that it's all happening. The whole what goes in the fridge thing is confusing, I had several different instructions. I was definitely told not to put sharps in the bin tho, in fact I was told that if a garbo found sharps in my household rubbish I'd get in trouble.

Great score btw!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Yay for getting underway! Here in the States you absolutely cannot throw the needles away in the garbage, in fact, its more difficult to get needles than it is the drugs.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Wow, we're one day apart! I have an old sharps bin, but I've been forgetting to use it and throwing my needles in the old box then in the bin! I'm going to start using the sharps bin again. I will have to have clexane injections after transfer, so will have no choice.

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news on getting started. It's so much easier to be cycling than waiting around. Hoping those ovaries are getting started well!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Meg, the good luck starts here with that MP3 player. Take it all the way, sista!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Congrats on the win!
All seems to be going well with your cycle. I was asked to put the gonal in the fridge for the first time too. Maybe things have changed. I think it hurts when the gonal goes in cold.
Good luck!

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting a comment on my site :)

It seems we are cycle buddies this time around, and we have PCO in common. I'll be reading on your past posts for the rest of the day.

Here's to December being our month...

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger April said...

So happy to hear that you're about to be underway with a new cycle.

Thinking of you.

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot flashes make me feel like I'm going to lose my mind. And mine aren't from drugs - I just started getting them when I turned 37. They're miserable. I'm glad you won't (hopefully) have to deal with them much longer. Of course, if the end result is a baby, then all of the discomfort will have been well worth it. Good luck with this cycle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home