Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Eeeeewh!!!

Remember this gosshead (scroll down to "personal attack at photocopier") well today we were in a planning meeting and I had to confess that I wouldn't be at the following two next week as I was going to be away a few days. I said minor operation but not sure how long I would be away. After the meeting she pulled me aside and aked me if I was being inseminated. I was taken aback because:
a) She is not suppose to know about any of this stuff, so someone's blabbed.
b) I didn't even want to tell her I would be away, but felt obliged to as we are planning massive changes for next year. I was just being polite.
c) WTF is that anyway? It sounds like a farmer talking about his bull and cows.

Next time I"ll just let the timetabler know I'm out and pretend it was a sudden virus or something.

I was so flabbergastred that I lied and said no, it's nothing and walked off. At least J and I have got some laughs out of it and will now probably use the term to refer to ER.

What's the worst thing someone's said to you about IF, ART etc?

4 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Ugh.

My mom continues, even well after the event, to refer to "the Harvesting." The event fell a couple of days after Halloween, so I just kept thinking "Halloween 12: The Harvesting."

And hey, you were telling the truth after all.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger April said...

Sheesh. People can be so nosy.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger heleen + rod said...

Our neighbour knew about my situation because he knew I had two ectopics. One day we are having a cup of tea and out of the blue he says: R and you should hurry up having children, because of your age. I started to scream at him, I was so angry! Half an hour later he comes back asking me for an apology. That's when I kicked hime out of the house and we haven't talked since.

Sorry MC I haven't put my email address on my blog. it is heleen at 11000miles dot com - if you want to talk a bit more about ohhs.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

My mother said to me that she didn't want to know any of the details - just let her know when I was pregnant!
I now don't discuss any of this with her at all - except to say that D & I are well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home