Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

updatarama

Things have suddenly started moving quickly again with IVF. It's funny how there is so much waiting and then next thing you know you are on the Gonal F and they are asking if your admission forms are filled in. I panicked at first and thought I'm not ready. I only had my D&C 30 days ago, I'm drinking coffee like crazy and red wine. I also have 4 extra kg on since the last stims in December and the recent miscarriage. I'm actually a bit concerned about putting on weight during this cycle. Of course if I end up pregnant I won't care.

I started the nasal spray yesterday and had to see the nurses today. I don't have to take the pill this cycle , which I'm really happy about as it always makes me feel nauseous. The first time I ever took the pill was during my first 2 cycles of IVf.

I start Gonal F injections tonight. This is probably the part I hate the most as I can't give myself injections, I feel like I'm stabbing myself. I can't watch someone give me one and I faint at the sight of blood. So my husband has to do it. Strangely he quite likes doing it he also enjoys watching his blood being drawn back into the syringe during blood tests. These are the kinds of things that make me feel swimmy in the head just thinking about them.

Overall I'm ready physically. Mentally/emotionally much better as I'm on holidays and without the stress of school I feel more able to cope, even getting to the appointments is no big hassle.
The main thing I fear is failure. But I know I have to try again and take the risk. If I think back on my life some of the most rewarding things have happened because of risks I took.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

You started Gonal-F on Wednesday? Me too! Looks like we are doing our cycles at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home