Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Next Step

I got my period on Wednesday. It seems that I now have a 30 day cycle. The nurse said not to worry IVF often changes people's cycles. When I saw her for the blood test she had my protocol, except it didn't make sense as my Dr had ticked flare cycle and down reg. So she sent me over to his rooms. He saw me on the spot and we discussed the flare cycles in which I produce a lot of eggs and have some embryos to freeze and the the down reg. cycles first and third cycle ( 2nd cancelled due to OHSS risk) where I had less eggs and embryos, but got pregnant.

Actually I told my Dr this as he was still flicking through my file which I had brought with me. As it was 7.30 in the morning and I was rushing to get to work I was too impatient to wait for him to read through it. So we decided to try a down reg. again, even though the pill has some unpleasant side effects on me. I feel nausea, migraines and cry uncontrollably for no apparent reason. I've warned my husband to expect me to be a bit mental over the next couple of weeks. I don't feel as rushed with this protocol and wanted some change as the last two flare cycles had ended in zip. So here we go again, feeling like an IVF failure and another birthday coming up on the 2nd of November.

This week at work I finally put a letter in requesting long service leave. I've only ever taken 2 weeks for my honeymoon and have a stack saved up. I will take 2 term next year which will give me 18 weeks off work, this includes the school holidays. J also has long service leave and annual leave saved up. We can't decide where to go yet. I'm still leaning towards Sri Lanka although I was put off by Carl Muller's Colombo . There was some really vile things in it like pedophilia and ghastly crimes. J just said I told you so, he doesn't want to go back, and he doesn't trust the ceasefire between the Tamils and the Sinhalese. So we are still tossing around ideas, New Zealand appeals to both of us, I snowboarded there a few years ago and would love to go back and tour both islands. This is of course if I get my long service leave, it has to go through a committee for approval.







7 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Betty said...

I'm sorry you got your period and you have to be pissed off like me. It sounds like you have a great plan up your sleeve for the next cycle and for getting away from it all next year. Mmmm long service leave, how nice. I have been snow boarding in NZ too. It was fantastic but we didnt see anything alse there-bit hard when the snow was so good! Happy choosing, that is one of the fun bits!

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the period, and deeply sympathetic about the protocol discussion. I find the choices are very hard to manage. Is there anything they can suggest to minimise the side effects of the pill?

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger LL said...

I'm sorry you got your period.

It sounds like you have a plan for the future... good luck with the LS leave.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Sorry about your bad news. I think that if anyone deserves some long service leave, it is you. I could e-mail the committee to tell them that, if you like!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Meg...just had a chance to catch up with your news. I'm so sorry. I think your holiday away sounds terrific. Hope you get that leave.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger April said...

Sorry to hear about the news.

The vacation sounds wonderful though. Crossing my fingers that it all falls into place for you.

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Have a great time. Clomid gave me a 30-day cycle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home