Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Day 10

Had a scan today in preparation for the FET. J came with me because he was working in the city today and he needed to catch the train. I told him I had a lot of questions to ask, so as soon as my Dr walked in he told him. Then I forgot most of the questions. This is what I remember, lining is 9mm thick, firing off right ovary and no he didn't think our embryos were crap.

So it's the same old frustration, can see myself ovulating, but know in our case it means squat. Just waiting for the surge now, I expect it to be later as my normal 28 day cycle is usually longer after stims.

A bit of a dilemma as J turns 35 on the weekend and we are having his cousins over for lunch. I really wouldn't mind a few reds on Sunday, but it's getting close to the FET and I don't want to ruin my chances. Even a beer would go down well as we are having Sri Lankan food and I love my chili. I'll have to play it by ear. I also feel a little uncomfortable drinking in front of my MIL in case she thinks I'm ruining my fertility or something.

8 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

My cycle was longer on the clomid.
I know that you are not meant to drink and all if you are trying to have a baby but am I ignorant in thinking a few reds wouldn't really matter? You could have a few sneaky ones behing MIL's back!The toilet used to be my drinking place if I didn't wnat anyone to see but then again, I am in AA so don't listen to me!
The doctor grilled us over our habits - we've both given up smoking and I don't drink but my hubby does occassionally. But when he does, he does!
I really hope it all works for you!

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no evidence that moderate drinking affects your chances. I know how you feel since I feel that I should be doing everything right in case one little slip sends the cycle to hell, but it's too hard to live that way all the time. A couple of glasses of wine or one beer is not going to make the difference. Good luck!

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Donna said...

I would agree, especially on the wine. Family gatherings without alcohol could make for a very long day.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

I too think 1 or even 2 wines are probably fine. The problem for me and my husband was we couldn't stop at 1 or 2 and it waould happen a few nights a week. So we're gone totally cold turkey - and we managed to survive a huge family reunion/parents 70th thing not long back.

This sounds so daggy but there are some nifty non-alcoholic drinks that go beautifully with hot Asian food. Lime juice and sparling mineral water, coconut juice...I had cranberry and lime the other day which was nice...

anyway, whatever, I'm sure you'll be fine. And if MIL gives you the evil eye you can say..."it helps me RELAX" (and we all know that's the key to pregnancy)

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Drink the wine!! (Just a bit though)!

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Go on, Meg! Have a beer or a glass of red. You deserve it.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Much luck to you with the upcoming FET Meggie. I think a wine or two should be fine!! This past cycle I rewarded myself with a few coffees here and there right up until the FET day - then from FET day onwards I stopped inhaling caffiene.

And remember red wine is meant to lower cholestoral - and therefore makes you healthier, and therefore good for baby. Ha!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger LL said...

doesn't it piss you of that drug addicted crack whores fall pg at the drop of a hat... and we worry about 2 measly glasses of wine....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home