Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Questions

Q. When is implantation cramping and spotting not implantation?

A. When your period arrives 5 days later. (Boom Boom)

Q. Since when has dog training turned into a fertility festival?

A. Obviously it changed when J and I spent the last 3-4 weekends doing normal stuff like attending one million kids' birthday parties and having the odd quick transfer here and there.
This is how it panned out. Think about masstiff's owner and decide she must be having baby and won't turn up. She turns up 8 months gone. Wonder if border collies owner will be there, of course and not only that but she is now 4 months pregnant. Then Maltese x owner turns up, haven't seen her for ages. Trainer introduces her to class for people who don't know her and says she has 3 dogs and a son. She then announces to everyone that she has another on the way, even though her stomach is as flat as a pancake. J and I stand off to the side, he comments that we have just been ambushed. Thank God king Charles cavilier's owner is not here, she's gone away to recover from another failed ivf. Me I'm just generally pissed off and Big Leo, my normally social butterfly Airedale thinks it's funny to antagonise other dogs until they snap and want to rumble with him. I must have channeled by mood through him.

Q. When did our school change it's name to fertility high, bar one?

A. When another teacher is pregnant after only working here for 10 weeks. (That's 3 at school and 2 on maternity leave, and me feeling like the dunce.)

One more day and on holidays, intend to do following, eat chocolate, drink red wine, read, do all the heavy weeding and gardening work I was avoiding in case I was pregnant ( that's a good one), phaff around, spring clean, plan birthday bash for Cup Day, attend races with syndicate group and drop a whole lot of money on the GG's. (After all apparently we are flushing it down the loo with ivf, so I might as well have a chance of winning something). Get a massage or two, go away to the beach for a few days. Will post again when know FET.

7 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Betty said...

My god! All those bloody dog owners with child! It seems that they are everywhere (those bloody fertile people). I'm going to the wedding from hell on Saturday. 2 pregnant people, 2 brand new babies and 3 under 1 year olds.Baahh.
Have fun at the beach.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Geesh, MC, that just sucks. I'm so sorry that your period showed up. I don't know how you can stand being around all those smug fertiles (even if they aren't particularly smug, it still sucks). Glad your husband seems to get it though. Mine would never make a comment like that.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger April said...

Ugh. You poor thing.

Enjoy the wine & chocolate. Lots of it.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sorry to hear your news and good heavens, I would have taken a machine gun to all those fertiles by now. I'll join you in the booz and chocolate, thanks!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Sounds like a plan MC - I am going crazy with the coffee at the moment - of course that will have to stop when I stsrt FET - probably in three weeks time - hopefully our times coincide!

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Meg, if it was not so far to travel, you could come and do my garden too as I have left it to its own devices for far too long this summer.

Keep on picking yourself up, woman. You can do this.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

I'm sorry sorry the news weren't good. And I can not believe you are surrounded by so many pg people! And that sounds like a good holiday to me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home