Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Spring

Well J's party went well. Although we were exhausted as we had his family for lunch and mine for dinner. Our house is just a little bit small to have everyone over at the same time. The weather was 23 and a north wind, so it was as if spring had come early. It felt like Spring Racing Carnival, except my roses aren't out yet, so I had 2 glasses of bubbly. I poured a third but spilt it in the kitchen and decided that was it. I cooked chocolate cake, orange and poppy seed cake and cup cakes for the kids, along with some curries.

G came, J's cousin, I rang her during the week and she wasn't sure if she could cope. She wanted to know if my SIL would be there and her baby. (My SIL and I are married to Sri Lankan Burgher brothers, G's cousins). I found out that they were and she wasn't sure if she could cope, I said we totally understood etc. Anyway she came and I could see she was battling to keep it together. They looked shell shocked, like they couldn't quite believe this terrible event had happened to them. Also at one stage my BIL wouldn't stop talking about the birth, baby etc. J wanted to say something to him on the quiet, but couldn't get him aside. We knew he would have been mortified, but he was so excited he didn't look at G's face. It's very hard, they shouldn't have to walk around on egg shells, but I was dying for G.

J got a few presents from me; some new jeans, a voucher for a reflexology session, a watch and I got a brazilian done ( after over a year of being natural down stairs, I'm a little bit embarrassed about my transfer which will hopefully be sometime this week or next).

I also won the footy tipping competition at the family business, this was because I didn't tip my team Carlton. They finished last on the ladder only the second time in their 140 year history. I'm going to use the $200 for a facial and a pedicure.

Transfer news: Sunday is transfer day. I just got home from work (Saturday) and I'm a little bit on edge hoping that our embryos thaw out. Also I've been pretty upset as we had J's granma's funeral yesterday. I get quite emotional about things easily, especially these days. Although I did manage to nurse baby F at the wake (SIL and BIL's new baby) with out breaking down.

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Good luck with the transfer...wishing your embies a safe defrosting.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

You handled the party well! And good luck with the transfer...will be thinking of you!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Things sound good. Good luck with the transfer and well done on the footy tipping! Are you in Melbourne?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger LL said...

good luck.... I hope all went well and you're in the 2ww with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home