Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Monday, August 08, 2005

News

I had my transfer yesterday Sunday and I'm quite happy with the results. I spent Friday and Saturday feeling nauseous and bloated and thinking it was OHSS beginning. I told J I was going to lie about the symptoms to get a fresh transfer done. As it turned out the nausea went away on Sunday along with some of the bloating and now I'm only a little bit sore, like I have just played a game of netball or basketball after a few weeks off.

We got 10 or 11 mature eggs out of the 19, I can't remember which. Out of that we have 6 very good embryos. So yesterday we had 2 put back, then I spent the day at South Bank. We met J's brother and SIL, who I work with. We ate lunch and then went to see our MIL in the Millennium Choir. There were lots of different acts on and it was a welcome distraction. Then we went straight to my parents' house for more food and my fix of nephews M and baby G. Every week thet get cuter.

My Dr rang me on Saturday night to see how I was. He was worried I was hyper again and also because it was Sunday he told me he wouldn't be doing the transfer. I already knew this as the nurse told me, so it was nice of him to ring. He also told me I did well and how much he hopes this will work. He's so kind that I feel like crying when he rings. The Dr filling in also carefully questioned me about OHSS and thinks that the bloating is normal after that many eggs. He also remembered me from my first transfer when my Dr was on holidays. This prompted immature foulness from me when I left the hospital, telling J he never forgets a muff he's met.

One weird thing was the couple having the transfer before us. The women was so skinny with the tightest jeans on. I was complaining afterwards to J how anyone can be so thin after stims. I seem to blow up like a puffer fish. I can only fit into a few items in my wardrobe at the moment. I'm meant to be weighing myself every day but can't bear to. I'm pretty sure I won't go OHSS.

My SIL and I were gossiping about work as she is now on maternity leave. She said one of the teachers we are friends with asked if he could take photos of her and F ( another hen) pregnant. My SIL was embarrassed and said not in the nude,in fact she doesn't want her photo taken with her clothes on ( now's the time to mention that my SIL is absolutely stunning and the nicest person.). He said they could wear a bra and cover their vaginas. I couldn't stop pissing myself laughing. We kept carrying on that he had used the V word, and why doesn't he get his own wife knocked up and take pervy pictures of her. This is the same friend who had a wedding that was 2 vows long, in a park, we all had to bring our own booze and multicultural food to share, it was 40 degrees and the vows ended with we know you will take your rubbish home with you. He kept coming up to my SIL and I telling us to bring Sri Lankan picnic food to it. What Sri Lankan Picnic food?? The whole day all us hens were worried about salmonella food poisoning. After a couple of hours I spat the dummy and said I was over it. Everyone came back to my house and had showers ( it was a dusty park) and we kept boozing and eating.

That's it for the moment. I have just ignored all my work so I could blog. I've got the 2 week wait now and 6 week wait until holidays. It's good to have some embryo insurance in the bank although I know that's not a always a guarantee after the last three went belly up.

9 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Yay, you made it! Hope the rest make it to frosties (although they will not be needed!). BTW are you still using the Anji CD?

Eeew on the photo thing!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger MC said...

Yes I'm still using the Anji CD's. I find them very relaxing, I often fall asleep listening to them though. I hope they still work.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad the transfer went well. Mine was yesterday, so we are two week waiting together!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Methinks twins are on the menu.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I am really hoping this works for you. You seem like such a beautiful chick...and you are an Aussie. I better start taking more notice of all this transfer stuff. It will probably be in my near future...

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Chan said...

Hope you're doing ok.
I have my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Meg all the best of luck with this one! Take it easy and try and stay positive.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Good luck and what a top result. Hope the two weeks go smoothly and will be waiting to hear your news! Crossing everything for you.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Betty said...

What a great result. Wishing you the best of luck and hope the dreaded wait is not too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home