Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Sunday's FET

Yesterday I had my FET. We were early for the appointment ( I'm early to everything and then get annoyed at having to wait around), this time it paid off, the couple before were a "no show"??, so we went in before our appointment time.

This was a prime example of how IVF can go from bad to good or vice versa in a matter of minutes. The Dr informed us that the two embryos had thawed out, but were only two cells. I felt defeated before I had even jumped up into the stirrups. Then the embryologist showed us them on the screen and exclaimed that one was now 4 cells. I felt a little bit better. It was the quickest transfer I've had and the 7th. Now I'm trying to forget about it. To help we went to see Kung Fu Hustle straight after it. I felt like a normal person going to the movies not thinking about IF stuff. We both realised how little we seem to do as we are always caught up in IVF planning, disappointments, hope and general IF stuff.

8 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, two to four is excellent! Thinking of you and hoping for a good success story.

Hang in there.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

That IS good! Fingers crossed for you...seven's meant to be a lucky number.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I really hope this works for you.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger LL said...

everything is crossed for you here in labialand!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Betty said...

hey that little embie was just having a sleep. Glad it woke up for you and did the doubling thing.
Good luck!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Hope it all pans out.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Fingers crossed for you matey :)

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

I'm hoping that one keeps growing! Good luck!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home