Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Protocol

This seems to be taking forever. I rang the hospital today to get my protocol which is as follows:
Start Syneral, 11th Nov.

Stop taking the, pill 17th Nov.
First scan 24th Nov.

I'm going to be a couple of pills short so will have to get a new script, strangely there are a couple of pills in this packet that are crushed. All being well I pick up my Gonal-F after the scan. The pill is still making me nauseous, but so far I've only had a few headaches not any full on migraines. I've also been spotting, I don't remember this happening during my two previous down reg. cycles.

I can now obsessively add these dates to my diary and get a rough idea of ER, all being well. As we are winding down at work, it is not as stressful to leave classes. Then I can also count and check months in the hope that I will get pregnant, this is something I do every transfer. I also marked in the weeks when I was pregnant and then had to go back and scribble over them.

I have been up and down over the past two weeks. Some days have been really bad and I walk around work tearing up. On Tuesday F (Hen) came down with her baby, I was flat out , but also too teary to leave my office. She came and got me as I was going over to the staffroom to photocopy anyway. We chatted at the photocopier and pissed ourselves about a certain staff member who has taken it upon herself to be our "weight watcher". The latest bithcy comment was to my SIL a week after she had given birth "When are you due?". I could do a whole post on this cow. Any way I asked her if baby F was here and she said he was in the staffroom, so I said I would go and see him. F could see I was struggling and said I didn't have to, but I did and although I was too close to losing it to hold him, I'm glad I did go and see him. Every time I think about how kind F was to me I want to cry. I was ok enough to organise a massive Cocks and Hens for the last day of term at a bar in the city. Everyone is keen and organising baby sitters. These are usually blinders we go to a different venue each year, it's the best way to unwind from the school year. Even though I look forward to this, I would be happy to be not drinking because this latest cycle worked.

I also had my long service leave approved. Now J has to organise his and we have to decide where to go. Next year I teach for 6 weeks and then we start holidays that are at the same time as the Commonwealth Games. We both thought that getting out of Melbourne during this time would be a good idea. I don't go back to work until the start of July. I can pretend to be a lady of leisure for 18 weeks. I also keep imagining how fantastic my garden will be.

9 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

So does the mention of gonal-f mean that this is a fresh cycle? It's been a while since you've done one of those, right? Exciting that the chances are higher though!

Sounds like you've got many things to look forward to and to keep you busy planning during this cycle.

Keep us updated!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The protocol is at least a plan. It's tough, how long they last, isn't it? Mine will have covered three 'normal' cycles by the time we're done.

I'm v jealous of your long leave, and am looking forward to seeing pictures of your garden!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger heleen + rod said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger heleen + rod said...

Hi MC,
I've read a lot of entries in your archives. I don't know many bloggrls that have had OHHS. Strangely enough I'm a vegetarian too and do yoga. Wonder that has something to do with it?
I understand that you don't really enjoy reading pregnancy blogs. The part where I really stop reading is when they start to post pictures of baby room decoration. Yuk!
I understand you didn't write anything the month you were pregnant. It's strange to find a new writing perspective. IF is such a tangible thing in your life, getting pregnant is like loosing part of your identity & new found community. And I feel like I have to apologise or something.
So I really appreciated it you responded on my blog.
Good luck with your new cycle! You've come so close, you have so many eggs... How much Gonal-F do you get this time?

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Meg, I am so glad that you have your protocol and dates and can think about moving forward. And that LS leave! Wow! Your garden better be the tops.

If you are going to be away during the Games, have you thought about renting out your house? More funds for travelling?

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger moi said...

A break is a good, good thing. You are one tough cookie as they say around here and I bow to your perseverance and good will.

What kind of garden? Up north here we're putting our gardens to bed, so to speak, so I envy you the new spring beginnings.

take good care

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Cup Day - thinking of you, I know today is a toughie.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

That's great that you have your protocol and your long service leave. I hope your garden is not the only thing that grows and thrives. Good luck.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Just take care of yourself sweets. And will be thinking of you.
Lv, Drew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home