Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Funny you should say that......

I actually didn't mention that last week I saw the genetic counselor to discuss PGD. We are also doing blood tests for kryotpying (spelling?). If we go ahead with PGD it will have to be next cycle and a down reg. When I expressed reservations about the down reg., as we have had the worst fertilization results on it, she said it was because I was fertile and my body preferred a short flare that worked with it's natural cycle. How frustrating it was to hear that. They can't tell me why the fuck I'm not pregnant or why I miscarried and PGD doesn't come with iron clad gaurantees. It's just all part of the general IVF shite.

There is also the draw back of an extra $2500.00 on top of the normal price, lucky for us this procedure has just had a price rise. So we won't make a decision until after the blood tests and obviously this cycle.

This is all doing my head in so in the mean time I'll look at Capt. Mal and think of Serenity.


8 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Thinking of you, Meg. I must have been reading your mind about the PGD haha! Keep looking at Mal and that will definitely keep you feeling warm and fuzzy. Good luck tomorrow!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Well, I guess it couldn't have just been that easy, huh? Good luck tomorrow, Meg!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Donna said...

All of these decisions are so daunting. One camp says help the egg as much as possible, the other camp says the more you mess with it, the less chance of success you have. I don't envy you, but I will be here holding your hand in cyberspace.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Meg - I guess it's over about now, hey? I hope you're doing well and that you getthe fertilisation results you want. xxx

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck, Meg. And I love the pic of Mal. I'm a huge firefly fan!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I haven't seen Firefly but I've heard so many people rave about it. Best for your results.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Betty said...

Mmmm Mal.
What is PGD. Excuse my ignorance.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Mmm. I love me some Joss Whedon.

Have you had the miscarriage panel done? Probably worth it. It includes karyotyping, and will tell you about all the clotting factors etc - which some ppl think have an effect on implantation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home