Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

update, nothing new

I need to update as a record of what I have gone through, but I feel that it is disappointing for people as it is a list of -ve news.
The FET in June didn't work, nor did the one in July which was one embryo thawed out and one that didn't make it.

Then August 22 eggs and only 4 embryos. Two fresh and two for a FET and again nothing.

October and another Fresh cycle 18 eggs, lower dose of gonal. Five embryos.

Last week got a zero, after stupidly doing a POS test and getting two lines Friday and Saturday and then realising it was only 10 days after the trigger.

Now waiting for a wanding on Friday and will begin wee tests for a natural thaw cycle.


Still could be worse , caught up with a friend today who lost all 9 embryos in the thaw. She started down reg again today.


I just went through my stats, I'm not sure if they are completely accurate as I may have missed some.
149 eggs collected
36 embryos
5 died on thaw
6 Fresh transfers
7 FETs
one miscarriage
Making me feel like a total loser.

Looking forward to the Melbourne blogger meeting and my Melbourne Cup party where I will get off my brain. Actually bought some posh champange today Moet and Chandon (and I haven't even paid off my IVF bills!!!) The guy in the bottle shop asked if it was a gift and if I wanted it wrapped and seemed very surprised that it was for me and I wasn't even going to the cup. It was partly my birthday present to myself and I'll share it with my girlfriends.

8 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Good to hear how you are, although bloody hell what a rotten six months you've had. This stuff just goes on and on sucking, doesn't it? Your stats are enough to make the best of us retreat to a dusty corner with a large martini and a chocolate brownie. And then stay there.

Enjoy the champagne, I hope it's wonderful.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Oh, Meg. As Thalia said, what a ridiculously awful six months. It's good to hear an update from you. I think of you often and hope for a better turn of fate for you soon.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Enjoy the Moet. I am so glad you updated. I hope to see you very soon.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to see you back!! I'm not to far behind you in the count stakes......amazing huh.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Betty said...

I always check here to see how you are going. Glad you have posted. You have had a terrible time. What a resilient woman you are. Enjoy the champers and your birthday!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger LL said...

Sorry to hear about your recent negatives...

Happy birthday.... I hope the champers was good.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,

Thanks for the update - i bet you don't always feel it, but you are one hellava strong lady!

Thinking of you often.

- Lili

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Hi Meg,

Sorry I missed your update.
Wow, you have been busy, sorry that it hasn't given the right result.
I can't believe how many eggs haven't fertilised?
Hope your Cup Day was okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home