Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Monday, April 18, 2005

In Shock

Just got back from hospital and I'm in shock. This has been my usual result.
1st IVF 11 eggs
2nd IVF cancelled
3rd IVF 13 eggs
4th IVF 26 eggs
This was on even smaller doses of Gonal-F. I had to see the nurse as if it's 20 or more they assume OHSS. I'm pretty happy, but you all know the rollercoaster this is, so I'll use the old cliche, of not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Also felt sad in the recovery room, a women was wheeled in after me. We have the same Dr and I saw him talk to her with a really grave look on his face. When he left she started crying. I don't know for sure but I don't think she got any eggs. Her husband came over and she couldn't stop. Just after our Dr had left a pregnant woman walked past us and into one of the cubicles. I thought that was so harsh, then a few minutes later another pregnant woman came in. Both were ready to give birth. It's strange how you seem to be constantly remined of IF, especially when you have just been kicked in the guts. When I was leaving I asked the nurse how she was and almost started crying.

I'm going to bed now as I'm still a bit woozy, infact J just caught me on the computer and has ordered me into bed.
Thanks everyone for your support. I'm just hoping the OHSS doesn't kick in. So far, so good.

4 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Well done girl! I bet your sore.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Wow! That is a LOT of eggs!! I hope they make a lot of embies as well.

Now rest and remember to drink! Forget the two liters I said earlier, try to get at least three liters down. It really, really helps!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Stay in bed, lady! I am glad the retrieval is over and past. Rest up now. Thinking good thoughts for you and your hubby.

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is awesome........just got home.....very drugged so sorry for whatever i say. i am very glad that you are doing so well. Michael just went to get me some gatoraed..they won't let me drinkyet and i am so thirsty I had to chekc on you though thinking o fyou and ankaisa allday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home