Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Trigger

Yesterday I had my 3rd scan for the week. After 4 rounds of IVF there is no embarrassment or selfconsciousness left. Pants are off in record time. It's kind of weird as the Dr was talking to me about his daughters all the while the wand is up my clack. Surreal really he says he doesn't know how teachers cope teaching teenagers all day, I was thinking the same thing about his job. Imagine looking at women's fannies all day. Even though I've gone through all this I'm still one of those people that gets out of their bathers under a towel at the swimming pool change rooms. I have never been able to bring myself to parade around in the nude.

Retrieval is on Monday, so that means I have to organise work to e-mail in for my classes that I'll be missing. I'm just going to tell them that I'm sick, to stop nosy questions like the Vice Principal's when I was pregnant. " Is this related to why you were in hospital at the end of last year?"
Me "No, not really, but sort of."
I thought of a better come back half an hour later: "Mind your own fucking business"

After the scan I saw the nurse to pick up the trigger injection. She asked me some questions about OHSS and I told her I have been feeling nauseous. Then she asked me if I was bloated and I was momentarily lost for words. Isn't everyone bloated out on these drugs? Then she said we may have to cancel the cycle if the signs become worse and I thought no way. Is still remember the 2nd cycle being cancelled and breaking down and howling in front of everyone at the clinic. Then being hysterical in the car on the phone to J.

I can't wait for Monday, I'm at the stage where I just want them out. It's uncomfortable and hardly anything in my wardrobe fits me. I also feel a little nervous. The first thing I always ask when I wake up is how many?

2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

So you're on Monday as well! I'm glad you did get the trigger shot and I hope you will get to transfer, too. Monday will be here soon enough, just ake it easy and remember to drink. Drink, drink, drink. At least two liters of water per day. But I'm sure that's what they have said to you at the clinic!

And I've been lucky that none of my employers or co-workers have asked me too many questions. And even if they had i would not have wanted to answer.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good luck on Monday! In fact, I think it is already Monday in Oz. Update us when you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home