Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Perpetual Waiting

This morning we got to the clinic half an hour before transfer. This is because we had to drive through peak hour traffic, but also because I have this thing were I have to be super early to every thing. Then I'm bored as I have to wait around for an hour. It looks like I've read all the magazines in the waiting room.( Including the ones announcing Brittany Spears' pregnancy. Just one more thing to piss me off in this whole IF crap.) My husband commented that this would hopefully be the last of waiting around for various IVF procedures. Sadly this is not the case.

Our Dr rang me just before we left to let me know that we may not transfer. He said we would talk about it when we got in. We knew this was a possibility as Melbourne IVF's policy is to defer transfer on a 20 egg or more collection. Also because of my history of OHSS it was even more up in the air.

Any way to cut a long story short we have taken his advice and frozen our embryos. He said if I screamed and carried on and demanded a transfer he would do it, but only one not two. We deferred another time, so I wasn't that upset and I prefer the thaw cycle, no drugs. Last time I got pregnant off a FET.

It looks like we have 7 to freeze, but we won't know for certain until tomorrow. I'm pretty sore still and just fit into some of my work clothes as the mild OHSS I have is causing me to bloat. He said that if I got pregnant on this transfer it would probably mean hospital time. I still have vivid memories of my first bout being unable to breathe and dry retching into the toilet regularly.

So that's it for the moment. Dr is amazed at the amount collected especially when the scan showed 16 on Sat. But my husband and I are pleased to have some in reserve so I don't have to go through a stim cycle anytime soon. So now I just have to wait for my period.

Back to work tomorrow. I wish I taught PE so I could wear tracksuit daks to work.

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. so you get a nice little break. I am so glad that you are feeling good.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

OHSS is nothing to fool around with. I hope you get to freeze a lot and do FET in the near future!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Honey, you have done the right thing and I agree with your doc. Let your body settle down again and rest up.

I cannot believe that you are going back to work so soon! can you not take some time or a sickie?

Feel better soon and I hope those lucky seven keep on trucking along nicely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home