Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Updatearama

Had a scan Friday and everything is on track. Had a scan today and again everything looks fine. Saw my Dr at 7.00am bless him, I still had time to see the nurses, race my trigger home to the fridge and get to school 30 minutes before the bell. It looks like I have 14 to 15 and he is hoping I don't repeat last pick up where I mysteriously produced 26 after he scanned and only saw 16. So the nurse will ring me tomorrow to let me know if it is on Thursday or Friday.

Feeling a bit bloaty, but not too uncomfortable at the moment. Very thirsty and have been taking a water bottle to class with me. Also because last week I had a sore throat and cough and had to have water to stop myself choking to death in front of the students. By Friday morning I had a dirty telephone type voice, by the afternoon I had no voice at all. That's almost cleared up, which means I can go under, no worries.

Speaking of which I think I'm becoming addicted to going under. I love the feeling just as the anesthetic takes affect. It's as if you have no problems, a brief holiday form IVF and IF.

On Saturday J went for his first acupuncture visit. I got home from work and asked him how he went. He claimed that his hand was swollen and the needles hurt especially the one in his stomach. You can probably guess there wasn't much sympathy from me on that one. I just laughed and told him he must have needed the acupuncture really badly for his body to react like that.

3 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Can't say I like going under but there are definitely times when it is preferable to being awake. Good luck!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Looking good, Meg. Here's hoping you make it to a fresh transfer this time round. Behave, ovaries!!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Meg you are a real star already - hang in there and I hope everything goes well for you too. Hope you collect some ace eggs!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home