Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Jinx

I rang to get my FET time today and the nurse said 2.15 on Monday. This suited me fine as it's first day back at school and it meant I could orgnise my classes for the afternoon. We don't usually get our timetable until we get back so I have no idea when my classes are tomorrow.

After getting off the phone I said to J we have been lucky so far that all our embryos have thawed out for FETS. Just over an hour later the nurse rang back with bad news. None of the last 3 embryos survived the thaw.

Is it too much to ask for one little fertiltiy break from the universe? Now I'm about to go J's cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday party. It will be a big reminder about how barren we are and I have to try to stop crying. I just feel like going to bed, curling up and dying.

5 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

I am really sorry. It often feels like the universe punishes us more than other people. I spent yesterday helping at our church's fun day and I was surrounded by kids and families. I felt like an imposter.
I'm thinking of you.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Ugh, Meg. What shitty, shitty news. I am really pissed off on your behalf. Will there be booze for the adults at the party? I hope so, for your sake.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This totally sucks, both the FET no-go and the birthday party. I'm with Pamplemousse - if there's no booze, take you're own.

But really, if you know you cant handle it, dont go. Be ill with "food poisoning" or something. There are no medals for puting yourself through hell needlessly. Be kind to yourself.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

So sorry MC. Fucking awful. I'm with panda...say it's food poisoning and stay at home.Thinking of you.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I agree, there is just no reason to torture yourself with being around children at a time like this. Take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home