Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Numbers

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

The anesthetic hadn't kicked in and the nurses were pulling me down to the end of the table. When the sheet fell off my right leg the nurse asked me about the particularly nasty scratch on my right leg. I told her it was a 3 month old spider bite and then fell asleep. J said both nurses and the anesthetist all came and had a look at it. Luckily I had my legs waxed on Monday. I didn't think it was that bad there's hardly a hole there any more. Apparently before I went under J said I told the nurse it was a white tailed spider bite, which I don't remember saying and have no idea what kind of spider bit me. When I woke up in recovery I thought they hadn't done the retrieval, it always seems so quick. This time I had to have some pain killers as my left side was caning. So at the moment I feel a little sore and tired. Otherwise I'm pretty happy.


They retrieved 19 eggs, which means they won't cancel a fresh transfer. They do that if you are 20 or over, like last time. So now I wait with baited breath to see what we will end up with for transfer on Sunday.

Thanks again everyone's support has been fantastic.

5 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Oh Meg! I am so pleased for you. What do you mean - this waxing the legs thing hahaha? Rest up and get ready for Sunday. Will you put 2 back?

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Is that a dangerous kind of spider that bit you? Gives me the willies just thinking about. But great news on the retrieval!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well? Well? Its Sunday. What's happening???

My friend had a white tail bite on his foot and twelve months later its still a huge black area. Nasty critters. We have heaps in our shed.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger K|nneret said...

Hope you post soon and let us know how everything went. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home