Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

6th Transfer

I had a scan on Wednesday and as usual everything was on track, lining ok, ovary about to fire off. I had a blood test on Friday morning and the LH surge that night. So transfer is on Tuesday, I don't know what time yet, I'll find out on Monday. I've really felt this ovulation, twinges and a bit of pain in my ovaries, hope this is a good sign. J and I don't worry if we do it or not around now as I think we are both resigned to the fact that conceiving naturally is not going to happen. Still it would be nice to be like fertiles and get pregnant from a good root.

We're putting back two, my Dr thought this was a good idea. Usually he tries to persuade us to only put back one.

Another two week wait. A consolation is that I'll find out the results in the holidays, so if it's bad I'll have nearly two weeks to cope. That means time to garden, walk the dogs, sleep in, read and all those other nice things.

And another pregnancy announcement at work. One of the teachers I'm close with told me so I'm not surprised by it. The teacher that is pregnant is around my age and was looking at starting IVF as she had endo but has conceived naturally at the eleventh hour. I complained to J and he said it's just because we're trying that it seems everyone else is getting pregnant. But it's not my imagination. I've taught at the school for 15 years and it's only the last two that anyone has been pregnant. I'm grateful to the teacher that told me. She is so lovely, when I had my miscarriage she gave me some earrings and a beautiful card that made me cry.

I was suppose to be writing reports yesterday as we had the day off school to do it. Instead I checked stacks of blogs and cooked raspberry and white chocolate muffins. I so hope I get pregnant this round, otherwise I'll have to double my walking to get get the kilos off. I have also been drinking Guiness purely for the iron content, but have stopped the last couple of days as I want to avoid alcohol.

Also have a new hypnotherapist who has worked with IVF's and IF's before so it was a relief to not have to explain everything to her. My last Hypnotherapist was unreliable, she cancelled two appointments and then was moving house so not seeing anyone for two weeks. I really liked the session with my new hypno and she did babble on about past lives stopping me getting pregnant.



9 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am back from my holidays and I am so glad that you have not had to hang about to do another FET. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

The muffins sound fantastic but I am the same as In Spring and my gigantic arse just says NO!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Good luck with your transfer! And enjoythose muffins. Hmm, hypnotherapy sounds like fun, wonder what would I find in my past lifes...

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Bittermama said...

Best of luck with the transfer tomorrow! The 11th hour pregnancy announcements are tough. Not as bad as "wow - first month trying" announcements, but still a lot harder to swallow than ART successes.

Hopefully you'll have something of your own to announce before too much longer!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kath said...

So..who were you in your past life?

Did you have 17 kids or something.

Good luck with the transfer today.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger moi said...

hope you've already transferred and gone home to nibble on more muffins. Isn't school almost over for you? Or is it reversed in Australia because the seasons are? Most kids here are pretty close to being on vacation.

Thinking good past, present and future lives vibes for you! really, really wish you the best

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Meg, it is Friday now with you. I hope everything went well.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Reports! Booring. I've been doing them as well. I really want to quit teaching. I on't think the stress is good for me!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Add my crossed fingers to the bunch. Good luck.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Thanks for the information re. IVF etc. on Medicare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home