Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sunday

Just a quick update from work.

On Sunday we transferred two embryos, thawed out perfectly. I always hold my breath and get nervy about the phone ringing before hand. As usual they looked good on the screen. I just wish my ute would stop murdering them.

Good thing was I ovulated on Thursday so I didn't have to miss any work and could transfer on the Sunday. Some one I work with and can't stand had a go about the time off I've had. I was so upset as it's none of her business, I always have a Drs certificate and I still have 154 sick days that I've never used. The real piss off is that she is often away, probably more than me.

The Drs roster around on Sundays and I had a nice lady Dr. She was pregnant, I tried to avoid looking at her stomach, but J saw it as a good sign. I'm over signs and omens and I'm over positive thinking and any thing like that. It just makes me feel crazy.

A bit peeved at the price of a natural thaw cycle which has risen nearly 30%, I said to J it's not like any new technique or research has been added to the cycle, so why has it gone up by so much?

I think that was our 14th or 15th transfer, I've lost count. We have one embryo in storage.

Now the dreaded two week wait and no alcohol or coffee.


Also add Cup Day party went well. Unfortunately I forgot to eat except for a cup cake and champange. Then I ate a salad roll after everyone had gone. An hour later I threw it all up. I didn't feel drunk, but must have been. I had already got my present from J which was tickets to Dwight Yoakam I took a friend along as I know J would rather slash his wrists than sit through a country music concert. I felt so happy at the concert, I realised that a lot of the time I'm sad and unhappy, although I usually hide it from everyone.

I have been gradually catching up on people's blogs. I'm a little paranoid about reading and posting at work, in case I'm busted. After reports are out of the way I'll have a lot more time to read and post.

8 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Yeah I mostly always post from work - I'm always having to minimise my screen!

Glad everything went well with the transfer, I'm over signs and omens too (because whatever they've ever been, I've only every had negatives) so will simply say best wishes.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Well done on a smooth transfer MC. I hope this is it for you. Good luck.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

I hate to say I'm hoping for you as it's not done much bloody good so far, but nonetheless I am and I will continue to...

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Hope this is the one!!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers and toes crossed!!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Hey great to see you back MC.

And w.r.t that workmate of yours, she should mind her own business - people like that should be fried.

And good luck with this one - I am crossing everything I have for you lovie.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a lurker for a long while (and a fellow Aussie). Wanted to add a comment wishing you all the very best. I do hope you have some wonderful news to post this week.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you make it to the next Melbourne Meet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home