Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday Transfer and M/C mentioned

Today after work I transfered 1 embryo, the last from the batch of 5. Things worked out as it was scheduled for 2.10pm, it was at the Royal Women's (2 blocks from work) and my Dr was only about 15 minutes late. My sister was working with me and was going to come in and look at it on the screen, but we were still busy and she had to stay at the shop. I hope that doesn't sound weird, she wouldn't have gone down the business end or anything like that. It hurt like crazy today, My Dr was finding it difficult to get into my cervix, so there was a fair bit of cramping and a bit of blood. The embryologist said embryo was perfect and doing what it was suppose to be doing. I said thanks and just said in my head "been there done that".




I asked my Dr if we could do PGD in the new year if this one follows the general pattern of the rest and he said ok. I have just had a quick glance at the PGD threads on IVF Connections and I'm in two minds now. I'll have to do more research over the next few weeks.




I'm also on antibiotics at the moment for a sinus infection. My Dr said it was ok to take them and transfer. It's not helping things with all the bushfire smoke around at the moment. We have our dogs' Christmas break up party tomorrow. The weather prediction is hot north winds and about 38, I actually hate getting the sun on me, so I'm not sure if we will go yet. Pity Leo is keen to defend his title as the dog that can eat the fastest. His technique is to not chew anything just swallow it.




My sister also had a Drs appointment today at the Women's. She miscarried 3 weeks ago and went in for a check up and pathology. The problem was trisnomy 13 (spelling?) and we were teary when she came back as she found out it was a girl. She says she is ok and her two little boys keep her busy. It's been good to talk about things with her.




That's all for the moment, hopefully I will catch up with the Melbourne girls soon. Wish I had better news to report.

12 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

UGh, MC, you've been through way too much at this point. I hate to say I'm hoping for your one, but I am.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

I know the feeling, but also wishing you the best.

Are you worried about the damage to an embryo with the removal of a cell in regards to PGD? I know I always thought that if my eggs weren't growing strong enough embryos, and what with ICSI - would PGD just cause further damage without any guarantee of success.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweety good luck with the 2ww!! I hear ya with the smoke we could hardly see on Sat and we're on the bay.
Takecare of yourself and its all crossed.
xx

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

I hope the 2ww is not too bad! And I hope that you do not have to worry about PGD after it.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

The smoke has been a shocker! Thankfully, it is raining right now. See you soon, hopefully.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger LL said...

fingers, legs & everything else crossed for you. So sorry to hear about your sister...

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Shell said...

Hello, Just came across your blog as I was seeking out IVF support.. January is D -day for us...

thanks for the blog.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering how your doing??

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you make it to the next Melbourne Meet Up?

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just letting you know there's another Melbourne Meet coming up if you're still interested.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

saw your comment at karen's and thought you might have updated. hope you are ok.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Good luck.

I don't think it's weird her coming in to take a look at the embies on the screen. I go to RWH too and make sure I am never alone for transfers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home