Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Amnio

Hi everyone thanks for the comments.
Amnio was on Monday and a little painful. I was OK as I didn't look at the needle. We paid extra to get the 24 hr result. That was for trisomy 13, 18 and 21. They were all clear. We have to wait for the rest, probably next week.

I'm feeling a lot better now the preliminary results are in. I still can't quite relax and we will hold off buying anything until later down the track. I'm seriously thinking of working up to 28 or 30 weeks. Most of my friends at work went to 34 weeks, but they are 10 years younger than me and had singletons. I feel like I have been running up a hill even when talking to my classes.

Also found out that we are having boys. My nephews are very excited. My sister and I need to explain to them that they are cousins and half brothers. 
Thanks again. I had time to catch up on a lot of blogs as my Dr gave me 3 days off work after the amnio.

6 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congrats on the good amnio results and on the news about having twin boys!

It seems reasonable to make provisions for having to stop work early, but to try to keep going. A friend of mine with twin boys had planned to work all the way through until term, but the babies had other ideas. Hope you have the opposite situation that the babies wait patiently while you take it easy at home -- but with twins especially, planning for contingencies seems wise.

Good luck!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good news on the amnio results, Meggie. And 2 boys!

Keep your feet up, girl!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger A n T said...

Here from LFCA: Congrats on the twin boys.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Hooray! Great great news. Hoping you keep on feeling ok.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Queenie. . . said...

Just delurking to say that I'm wondering how you are doing, and how things have gone for you since your last update. Hope all is well!

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Danielle said...

Hi Meg,

We used to share comments about 3-4 years ago when I was doing IVF to concieve my son. I deleted my blog (I think during the pregnancy, got superstitous or something) so I can't even tell you what I called it. I am again at MIVF (trying for baby #2, 14 cycles so far and no joy...).

Anyhooooo. Enough of all that. I just wanted to say how completelty happy it has made me hearing that you have got you wish. I think about your story from time to time and it's so great that you are now finally getting your happy ending. Please take care.

All my best wishes. Danielle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home