Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Last Post

Just finishing off before I entirely delete this blog.

My boys are now 7 months old and I feel very lucky to be a mother. People always assume it must be hard looking after twins, but I tell them teaching was harder. I also don't tell them that infertility was much much harder than having the boys. I think I have survivor's guilt, it's hard to explain, but I don't want to hurt or offend someone inadvertently who is going through IF.

Also much harder was watching my cousin die over Christmas/ New Year after battling a rare cancer for 3 years. It kind if pisses me off when people ask me if she had kids ( she didn't), as if it's not as bad as it is. This was a young, fit beautiful person who comforted me during my IF and when she found out I was pregnant promised she would be there to hold my babies and she was. I expected to get old with my cousin, continue walking our dogs, staying at our holiday house, watching Carlton win and growing old together. Now my boys won't have the privilege of growing up with her.

I will come back in a few weeks and delete. To everyone who has been here and left comments thank you. The support was fantastic.

4 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Mazel tov on your boys. They must be almost exactly the same age as my Junior - he was born beginning of July? Very happy for you.

And very sad to hear about your cousin. That is a tragic loss.

You were one of my first blog 'friends.' I am so very happy that you have a happy completion to your fertility journey.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Hey darl - I was just doing some housekeeping on my blog..and wondering if I should delete mine.. then I came across to check on an old friend...and realise you had twins!
Wonderful wonderful news. What a happy ending.
So much had happened, I am really sorry about the lost of your cousin.
Hope you enjoy your journey with the boys, really happy with you. I also have two girls. The second little one is now 7 months and fiestier than her sister.
so lovely to have met you through the blog, I feel like I have known you forever because I have read yours for ages, good luck!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger broody said...

Just wanted to say thanks for this blog - am going down the PGD route currently after 8 transfers with nothing to show for it.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why delete the blog?
It is free, cost you nothing and is a excellent source of information for many women out there in same situation. I just found your blog today, but it is going to take me ages to read through it from the start, as I would like to...
Please leave it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home