Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bowled a Bouncer

I've been cruising along ok, probably as I was only back at work for two days and then we had a long weekend for ANZAC Day.


Anyway, last night I was watching TV when they announced that Princess Mary of Denmark is due to give birth in October. I was momentarily shocked, I told my husband and started crying.

On Tuesday morning they seemed to be talking about it constantly on TV. They kept interviewing Danish journalists and quoting Danish polls etc. I know it's fantastic news for them and I admire her, because I can't imagine what it's been like thrust into the public spotlight, people commenting on your fertility like it's their right. But it just makes me feel left behind. I was due in October. I feel panicky, may be we should have transferred one and gambled with the OHSS? I wonder when we will transfer next month? Will it work? What if we run through all 7 embryos over the next 3 to 4 months? Back to bloody stims and the threat of Medicare being taken form us.


I feel like a batsman, settled in making a few runs, then even starting to tonk a few 4's and forgetting all the stress, then suddenly you have a bouncer bowled at your head and you no longer feel in control.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

It is normal to doubt your decisions. But severe hyperstim is not that much fun either! So I'm sure you made the best decision at the time. I'm hoping your FET gives you a BFP and you do not have to worry anymore!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home