Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Quick Update

Transferred yesterday at 8.30 am. Two embryos, thawed out perfectly.I was expecting to go back to work. My Dr asked if I wanted the day off and I said no, too busy. Then he said I'll give you a certificate any way. On the way out my husband said to take the day. I made the decsion driving down the freeway. My turn off is a few before school's. I was cramping during and after the procedure (like a painful period). My Dr said this is a good thing. I don't know why. So I relaxed at home, sort of. I did a bit of housework and had a sleep. My SIL called me at home panicking thinking something went wrong. I'm lucky to have such an understnding friend. (Her sister and brother-in-law are now with my Dr and had pick-up today)

I'm back at work tonight as we have information night for next years Year 7's. So I don't feel too bad about missing yesterday. Also because I worked at the school production last week. I'm going home in between to listen to my Anji (IVF/relaxation) CD.

So now I'm in that annoying no man's land. My Dr said I have to call him as soon as I find out either way. I just want to be pregnant and out of here. I want it to be my turn.
Thanks everyone for your support. I think I'll know if it takes early as last time I had nausea and a superhero sense of smell about 6 or 7 days after transfer.

8 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Yes! I'm hoping they find a nice place to attach themselves. Good luck!!

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping your Spidey senses start tingling soon!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Oh Meg, I am so pleased that everything went good. You did the right thing taking a little time from school.

BTW that Anji meditation CD? Do you recommend it? I have been thinking of getting it but I will have to ship it from the States.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Oh Meg, I am so pleased that everything went good. You did the right thing taking a little time from school.

BTW that Anji meditation CD? Do you recommend it? I have been thinking of getting it but I will have to ship it from the States.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger moi said...

ooh that all sounds so right. Wonderful. Wishing you good vibes and calm times.

I looked up the Anji cds, although I do teach yoga I'm pretty intolerant of droney voices and new-age music. But I do like a good visualization. Can you describe the cds a bit? that would be nice. I just can't tell from the website what they'll sound like.

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hope you are resting and well.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Kath said...

I hope this cycle goes well.

Pamplemousse - I will send you my Anji cd. It doesnt come with a guarantee, but I did listed to it this cycle (as I did the previous 6 failed cycles) with some success. Email me nevereverlate@hotmail.com

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Well??? 8 days past transfer - almost 9. Well??? I am in suspenders here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home