Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Scans

On Monday I had a scan to see if I'm about to ovulate and to check the lining. Got the ok, everything seems to be on track. I have to continue checking my wee for the surge. It's often hard to tell if the line is darker enough or not. I also had a blood test done and was almost late for work.

I had a scan again yesterday and everything looks good. My doctor said I'm about to fire off the right ovary, but it could be a few more days. I told him it would be late like after the stim cycle in December. He said it's hard to know. When I told him I have 28 day cycles and have always monitored them, he looked a bit surprised. It must seem a bit obsessive but I hated being caught out, especially as I played a lot of sport and swam etc. It didn't mean I stopped these activities but I was prepared.

If the wee test doesn't show a surge by Sunday, I have an 8.00am blood test. Bang goes a small sleep in before dog training. At least I'm not working this Saturday in the family business as I need to do a million things. One of which is to see my youngest sister who had her second baby on Tuesday. She knew I was working long hours so I haven't seen her and I just find it too confronting at the moment going into hospital. I rang her and will go over tomorrow. I hope I don't lose it, I don't think I can hold my new nephew yet.

I actually feel a lot better at the moment and I put it down to being so busy that I don't have time to think about IF and the piles of corrections I have been transporting home each night and ignoring. I've been working back late doing the make-up for the school musical, so I when I get home I'm too tired to think about anything. I'm also looking forward to Sunday as the hens are going out for afternoon tea (tiffen). Only 2 hens can get maggotted as 3 are pregnant and I'm abstaining from alcohol leading up to the FET. I wish I was still pregnant and then it would have been the 4 of us all with in a few months of each other. I still get those sad feelings when I think like that.

So next week should be the FET, it always amazes me how quick they are. Then it's the horrible 2 week wait. I'll have to think of ways to distract myself and I'm scared of the possible BFN, especially since I've only just started to feel a bit better.

Even though I've been doing the make up for the school musical, I'm not going to see it. I think the students are very talented and brave. It's just that I find musicals irritating. I felt like I had wasted a few hours of my life when I went to see "Moulin Rouge". Ban (hen) put it well. She said she would have rather slid down a water slide with razor blades on the side into a pool full of vinegar. My one exception to musicals is the film "Cabaret", Liza Minelli is amazing and not as mental as she is now.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger moi said...

you sure are one busy chicken. hope everything goes very well.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am glad that you are distracting yourself and keeping busy. It is the best thing to do right now. have a lovely relaxing weekend, even without booze. It will be worth it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home