Down Under

I created this blog to help me as I go through IVF. I feel quite isolated and have found other blogs very helpful. I need somewhere to vent and ramble on, whilst I'm probed and prodded down under.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

So far....

I did a pregnancy test this morning and nothing. I'm not sure how many days past transfer I am is it 7 or 8? The FET was last Weds. I have some cramping going on and backache, but I don't remember feeling quite the same last time. I also seem to have aching off and on in my ovaries. My boobs were killing me last time, although they aren't this time they seem to be bigger. I feel tired but it has been the week from hell at school this week. My husband says it's too early to tell and I shouldn't have done the HPT. But I'm sure that last time at around the same time I got a positive. So I'm a little worried, but my husband's not. I thought implantation happens at around day 7 but I'm not sure.

If it doesn't work I'm blaming my job and will seriously consider long service leave next term. This week I taught all day Monday. With one of the naughty classes I teach ( I stand in front of and manage to keep control) the coordinator came in and went through them for giving another teacher a hard time. Apparently some had run away from class, thrown footys around and when she confiscated them stolen them out of her bag.

Tuesday was a field trip to a national park with 3 Year 8 Geography classes. On the way up we constantly had to tell kids off and move them up the front of the bus. At the park one of the students was rude to the ranger at the end of his talk. Then on the bus ride back a kid threw an apple from the back of the bus just missing my head and hitting the bus driver's seat. ( He's suspended). To top it all off a spider or something has bitten me on the leg and I now have a big red fluid filled blister the size of a ten cent piece.

Taught all day yesterday. Last period in a Year 7 class confiscated a homemade knife off a student, who is constantly pushing and shoving other kids.

Today is my good day only 3 on. I'll be so pissed if I cop an extra.

Did I mention I teach in a very good state school?

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger moi said...

tee hee - it is SO tempting to say something about whether or not we really all want such little beasties but I will refrain.

Sounds like a real pain that job - especially when they're nasty to other adults out in the world.

My guess would be that it's pretty darn soon for an hpt - hope you get a break tomorrow and that things will eventually work out.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am hoping it is still slightly too soon but things sound v. promising. I definitely think you should be taking it a bit easier. Can you pull a sickie?

Thinking of you.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger moi said...

How are you doing? Thanks so much for the cd info - I got it. I only listened to it once and fell fast asleep for 2 hours! So I missed most of what she said but I was relaxed.

Hoping all is well down there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home